Hello friends, welcome to your website Mixing Images. Friends, today’s post is going to be very special because today we have brought for you – Peacock Images, Peacock Photo, Peacock Picture, Peacock Wallpaper, Peacock Pic, Peacock Image, Peacock Photos, Peacock Pictures, Peacock Wallpapers, Peacock Pics.
Peacock Images, Photo, Picture, Pic, Wallpaper
Information And Interesting Facts About Peacock
Peacock is the national bird of India as well as Sri Lanka and Myanmar. Peacock is called the king of birds. Peacocks are found in many places of India like – Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan etc. Peacocks are large birds whose body length is 100 cm. to 115 cm. It is up to and their height is 200 cm.
May be more than The weight of a male peacock can be up to 4-6 kg, while the females can be heavy up to 4 kg. Males have colorful feathers on their tail and they look very beautiful when they spread their wings and dance in the spring. . There is also a crest on their heads. Peacock is a wild bird that mostly lives in open forests.
Interesting Facts About Peacock
1. Do you know when peacock was declared as the national bird of India? Peacock is the national bird of India since 1963.
2. With a wingspan of about 4.9 feet (1.5 m), the peacock is one of the largest flying birds on earth.
3. Three major species of peacock are found, Indian peacock, African Congo peacock and green peacock. All three species are native to Asia, but today you can also see them in parts of Africa and Australia.
4. When peacocks are first born, they don’t have a tail. They start looking beautiful only when they are three years old.
5. Peacock birds are land dwellers and they like to live in fields, forests and hot areas. They prefer to live in areas where they can easily access plants and trees.
6. Peacocks are mainly found in India, Sri Lanka and Burma.
7. The average running speed of peacocks is 10 miles per hour (16 kilometers per hour).
8. Peacocks are kept in captivity in England and Japan. This is so that their population can be increased there.
9. What does peacock eat? Peacocks are omnivorous birds, and they mainly feed on plants, fruits, seeds, flower petals, ants, insects, locusts etc. Cereals are the most common food of peacocks. However, peacocks can eat any food item, be it an animal or a plant.
10. Peacocks also eat small reptiles, such as baby cobra snakes, amphibians, butterflies, flies, chicks and mice, etc.
11. Peacocks do not like to live alone, they live in small groups as they are highly sociable and sheltered birds.
12. A peacock can lay six eggs at a time.
13. They mostly like to lay eggs in the afternoon.
14. Peacock can be seen spreading its bright beautiful feathers during the spring season.
15. Peacocks generally choose their mates according to size, color and quality of feathers.
16. Male peacocks do not have only one partner, they have at least two to five female partners.
18. The tail of a peacock has more than 200 brightly colored feathers and almost all feathers have large eye spots.
19. Peacock’s age ranges from 10 to 25 years.
20. The scientific name of peacock is Pavo cristatus.
21. Male peacocks are more beautiful than female peacocks because male birds have colorful feathers on their tail while females do not.
22. Peacock sheds its feathers every year in the month of August and then new feathers grow in its body.
23. Peacocks have also been mentioned in ancient texts like Bible, Gita etc.
24. In Hinduism, peacock and peacock feathers are seen from a religious point of view. There is a peacock feather in the crown of the presiding deity of Hindus Shri Krishna.
25. Peacock feathers were used in ancient times for writing by dipping ink in Bhojpatra etc.
26. There is a layer of crystal on their wings, due to which they appear very shiny.
27. What is the sound of peacock? Although the peacock’s voice is very loud and harsh, but it does not always make the same sound, it can make different types of sounds.
28. Peacock has a crest on its head, which is also called a crown, and perhaps this is the reason why the peacock is also called the king of birds.
29. Peacock in English is called Peacock, Peahen, and their children are called Peachicks and all of them are collectively called Peafowl.
30. Peacocks cannot stay in the air for long, they jump and climb trees to avoid predators.
31. Peacock never makes a nest, it lays eggs on the ground itself after seeing a safe place.
32. Peacock is primarily an Indian bird but it is also found in countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Myanmar and Pakistan apart from India.
33. In the spring, the male peacock spreads its wings and dances to attract the female peacock.
34. In order to save the ever-decreasing population of peacocks, the Indian government had completely banned the hunting of peacocks in the year 1982.
35. Peacock’s feathers fall every year and new feathers grow in their place.
Question – What does peacock eat?
Answer – Peacocks eat fruits, seeds, flower petals, ants, insects, grasshoppers etc.
Question – Is peacock vegetarian or non-vegetarian?
Answer – Peacock is an omnivorous bird.
Question – How is the sound of peacock?
Answer – The voice of peacock is very sharp and harsh and it can make many different sounds.
Question – What is the life span of peacock?
Answer – The life span of peacock can be from 10 to 25 years.
Question – Where is peacock found in India?
Answer – Peacocks are found in different places of India like – Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan etc.
Friends, how did you like today’s post, do tell us by commenting. If you liked our post then share this post with your friends.